Perlite is used in production of bricks and soil mixtures as addition agent for vessels, cementation, heat processing and in melting furnace.Fuel saving can be reached veya kalsiyum with refractory blocks that produced by clay and calcium cements connecting to each other and that brings higher heat isolation with lighter bricks.
- Ceramics bounded perlite refractory bricks,
- Aluminum phosphate bounded perlite refractory bricks and concrete,
- Perlite refractory soil mixture;
Perlite has heat and sound isolation properties because of its porous structure Perlite is used in plasters, roof coatings, schappe and morters, also for heat and sound isolation purpose between floors. Because of lightness it decreases dead load on building and protects buildings from earthquake. It doesn’t lost its properties in higher heat conditions and prevents spread of fire because it is an organic material.
Usage in Construction Sector
a) Perlite plasters
b) Light isolation concrete with perlite aggregates. (Concrete and plaster bounders)
c) Light structural elements with perlite aggregates
d)Perlite used as loose filling material for heat and sound isolation
e) Perlit used as heat and isolator in flor surfaces
f) Perlite concrete used bounding agents rather than cement and plaster, for special purposes
Surface that perlisiol will be poured must be purified from loose materials that not bounded to roof and floor surfaces (soil mixtures and remainders) Application area must be watered. Perlisiol mixture is poured between 3-3.5 mm and squeezed then its surface is glossed spud and wooden feather. Squeezing mustn’t made by rodding and surface vibrators.Perlisol soil mixture that applied on surface must watered for 3 days for successful results and perlisiol after 10-14 days later Perlisiol will be ready for closed with water isolator coatings and water isolation.
Surface that perlisiol soil mixture will be poured must be purified from loose materials that connected to roofand floor surfaces.(soil mixture waste and remaining)Before plaster sand and cement mixture will be applied on Ytong gross cement surfaces.Perlisiol soil mixture will be applied in one layer from ground to top by slamming it.First layer with 1-1.5 cm thickness is levelling plaster. After drying of this layer for obtaining thicker plaster, there can be applications for second layer. There must be 3 days of watering for setting.
* Perlisiol soil mixture and plasters mustn’t exceed as cement more than 200 kg/m3. This ratio
can be reached by mixing
* 300 liters of Perlisol((3 packages) with 1 package of cement (50 kg) in practical.
* 65-70 lt of water can be poured in concrete mixing machine ( for 1 m3 it mustn’t exceed 300 liters)
* 1 package of (50 kg) cement is added for sorbet production
* 3 packages of Perlisiol (300 lt) is added to obtain homogeneous mixture.
* Mixture could be seemed as dry but don’t change the ratios of elements. After mixing Perlisiol and it becomes plastic it will be ready for usage. (There will be sinking for 5-10 cm If desired there can be natural sand addition for %10 percent in last step.In application there can be %15-20 percent sinking of Perlisol.
- Perlite is used in ceramics and glass industry as additional agent.
- Perlite is used in boring in order to make easier cementation procedure,
- It is used in ship floors coating and isolation,
- Preventing water pollution caused by petroleum wastes and other oil wastes,
- Preventing water loss by evaporation in dam reservoir, open water reservoir,
- Filling material for packaging,
- Filling material for cheap and light plastic furniture production,
- Vibrational fixing,
- In steel constructions it is used as isolation floor from fire.